Botanical Name - Elettaria cardamomumAroma - Sweet, spicy and clearingExtracted - Steam distillation Part of Plant - Dried ripe seedsCountry of Origin - Sri LankaChemical Constituents - 1,8 cineol, terpinene, limonenelDescription - A perennial, reed-like herb, Cardamom grows wild and is cultivated in India and Sri Lanka. It grows up to 4 metres (13 feet) and has long, green silky blades, small yellow flowers, with a violet tip and a large fleshy rhizome, similar to ginger. Oblong grey fruits follow the flowers, each containing many seeds. Uses - Supports the digestive system, especially the stomach, helping with breaking down and absorption. It is listed in the British Herbal Pharmacopoeia as a 'specific' for flatulence and dyspepsia. There is some evidence that it helps increase bile production and therefore is useful for the absorption of fats. Clears mental fatigue. Sweetens the breath.Organic Certificate - This essential oil is certified organic by the Soil Association, which means you can be sure that it has been produced to the highest ethical and environmental standards. The Soil Association’s standards exceed the UK government's minimum requirements for organic products in many areas, but particularly in animal welfare, GM and the use of pesticides. Standards are constantly reviewed to ensure they deal with current issues.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer tracked shipping on all orders. Tracking information will be shared as soon as the order is dispatched.
- Please check the delivery estimate before adding a product to the cart. This is displayed for every product on the website.
- Available shipping methods and charges will be displayed at the time of checkout, depending on your exact location.
- All customers are entitled to a return window of 14 days, starting from the date of delivery of the product(s).
- Customers are advised to read our return policy for details of the return process, eligibility, refunds as well as cancellations or exchanges.
- In case of any issues or concerns about Shipping or Returns, please contact us and we will be happy to help.